What is StudIES+
The project StudIES+
The goal of the project is to facilitate the mobility of students in the European Union and build trust for secure e-services among students by deploying and operating the distributed platform StudIES+. The StudIES+ platform will incorporate digital services for Higher Education Institutions (HEIs) students. Services will be accessible via:
- eID (including eIDAS eID) and
- derived eIDs (Erasmus Student eCard) as well as provid
- eSignature/eSeal/time stamp services that rely on DSS for eSignature generation and verification.
Furthermore, a Digital Transaction Management (DTM) platform will be connected to the StudIES+ platform to enable eSigned document exchange between students, HEI, HEI services organisations on the one hand and businesses on the other hand. Secure exchange of the documents will also be ensured by deploying secure document exchange (ePROSECAL) and notarization platform/services (eNOTAR).
In January 2018, the EU adopted a digital education action plan with the goal “making better use of digital technology for teaching and learning”. This plan includes the following points:
- enable students to identify in a trusted manner (once-only principle)
- digitally connect higher education institutions information systems
- secure exchange and verification of student data /academic records
- reduce administrative procedures
- enable access to services foreign students are entitled to
when arriving in the host Country
“By 2025 all students in Erasmus+ mobility should be able to have their national identity and student status recognised automatically across EU Member States, including access to campus services when arriving abroad”.